Avast is one of the most popular free antivirus software that protects your system from harmful online activities. Avast antivirus is available for Android devices, Windows operating systems, and mac operating systems. Peoples preferences the Avast antivirus to protect their devices from viruses, online threats, and malware. Many users want to uninstall Avast on mac in case, they want to install another antivirus software in their system to protect their devices. If you want to know that how to uninstall Avast from mac device, then we are providing you some methods in this article to uninstall Avast on mac device.
Methods to uninstall Avast on Mac device:
There are some methods given below to remove Avast from mac devices:
Uninstall Avast manually from mac:
If you are mac user and want to uninstall Avast antivirus software from your mac device, then you can do it manually. To manually uninstall Avast antivirus software, you have to apply the instructions given below.
For this, you have to stop the Avast from your mac device and for stopping Avast, you need to follow the steps given below:
- At first, you need to click on the “Go” button that appeared in the Avast page.
- After that, you have to click on the “Utility” option.
- Then you have to double-click on the Activity monitor to open.
- After that, you have to find and highlight the running process of Avast.
- In the end, you have to quit the Avast software by clicking on the close icon.
Steps to uninstall Avast manually:
Now, you have to follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, you have to click on the “Finder icon” to launch the finder application on your mac computer.
- Then you need to click on the option named “Applications” that located at the left side of your system’s screen.
- Now, you have to click and drag the Avast folder to the trash from the application folder.
- After that, you need to go to the trash folder and then choose the option named “Empty trash”.
- Again, go to finder and then click on the button named “GO” from the menu bar of the finder.
- Now, choose the option named “Go to finder” that appeared in the finder’s screen.
- After that, you have to type “~/library” in the address bar and then you have to click on the “Return” button to directly go to the library folder.
- In the end, you have to open all the folders associated with the Avast software and delete them from the Avast by clicking on the “Delete” option.
Well done, you are uninstalling Avast from your mac device and we are informing you that by this process, you can’t able to uninstall the Avast completely from your mac device. So, you have to move towards the below method to uninstall Avast on mac device completely.
Uninstaller is basically a tool that is used to uninstall Avast on mac device. That uninstaller is coming with the Avast antivirus that means it is specific tool provided to the mac users.
To perform this method, you have to follow the instructions given below:
- At first, you have to download and install an uninstaller package on your mac device.
- After that, you need to click on the “Uninstall Avast” option.
- After that, the uninstallation process of Avast starts automatically.
- Now, you have to follow the on-screen prompts to complete the uninstallation of Avast application from your mac device.
If you still want to use a different method, then we suggest you try the next method given in this article.
Use iMyMac Mac cleaner:
iMyMac Mac cleaner is a third-party application that allows mac device users to completely uninstall Avast from their mac devices.
To use this method, you have to follow the steps given below:
- At first, you have to go to the official website (imymac.com) of the iMymac mac leaner to download and install it on your mac device.
- Now, you need to launch the iMyMac mac cleaner on your mac device.
- After that, you have to select a “Uninstaller tool” and the list of tools appeared at the left panel of the iMyMac Mac cleaner.
- After choosing the uninstaller option, iMyMac mac cleaner will ask you to scan your mac device and you just need to give the allowance to the program by clicking on the “Scan” button.
- Later to the above step, you have to select the “Avast application” from the list of the applications that appeared on your system’s screen after the scanning process.
- Now, you need to delete all the files associated with your Avast application.
- After that, you need to click on the “Clean” button to clean up the files and folders associated with Avast application and uninstall Avast on mac
- To confirm your action, you need to click on the “Confirm” button.
We have discussed in this article about the methods to “Uninstall Avast on mac”. If you still can’t able to uninstall the Avast application from your mac device or have any queries related to this content, then you can call us on the provided number. We have a team of experts; they will answer your queries.
Contact Us: +1(866)213-3111
Read More: AvastUI Not Opening