Avast provides many features like malware blocking, simple password manager, phishing protection etc. Avast antivirus is one the best antivirus and keeps your system safe against the virus attacks. It can be installed on Windows 10 or Mac. Many times, the user face the issues like Avast forgot password. The user can restore the Avast forgotten password easily with simple steps.
Steps to recover Avast forgot password
- From your web browser, go to https://my.avast.com. Click on “Can’t access your account?”.
- Enter your email address and click on Send.
- Click on got it. Check your email account inbox. Look for the email from your Avast. It will have the subject “Forgot your password?”.
- Select the option “Reset password” link. The link will take you to the password reset page.
- Create a new password and re-enter it to confirm. Click on “Set password”.
- A will get a notification that you have successfully changed password.
- You will be directed to your Avast account.
Remember, while trying to log in if you have entered a wrong password, then you will be locked out of the areas you have selected for protection. When you select the option of password protection, then program settings, protection settings, protection control, scan control, virus chest control and backup/restore settings are also selected by default. The other areas that are additional are update control and accessed by general program.
The Avast and AVG password is stored in a file called “aswResp.dat” and is encrypted. Delete this file to remove the password lock. It is not that simple to delete the file in Explorer. It is also impossible to kill the running antivirus process as they are also protected.
When Avast fails to load
In case you are not able to load Avast, then follow below steps:
- From the keyboard, press Win+R to open the Windows services console.
- Type “service.msg” in the run box and press the OK button.
- Go to Remote Desktop services in the service console. Click on it.
- Click on properties from there.
- Now click on the menu which is next to the Startup type under the general tab.
- Select Automatic option from the options that appear.
- In the end, click on Apply to confirm the changes you have done.
- Now restart the computer. Open Avast UI antivirus program again and you will find it is loading now properly.