Are you facing any issue with your Hotmail account password and you have a question, how to reset Hotmail password? If yes, then There are multiple steps to reset the password, you can use the following instructions as this is also a main source of information.
How to reset Hotmail Password on Mobile?
Tap on the Outlook app icon, which looks like a white box with a blue “O” on it.
- You will only have to reset your Outlook password if you are using your outlook email on your phone for the first time, if you have never signed into Outlook on your smartphone or tablet, or your outlook account recently had the password changed.
Use the following instructions:
Enter your email address. You’ll do so in the text field that’s in the middle of the page.
- Tap on add account It’s below the email address field and this will take you to the password entry page.
- Tap the Forgot my password, on the same page.
- Click Next. That option is at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter the verification code which you have received in your inbox. Tap on the option given.
- You can also tap Newnext to the code box to reset the code here as per your choice.
- Letters and also the numbers in the code box are case-sensitive.
Tap on an account recovery option and tap on either Email or Text on this page.
- If you want you can setup an email recovery phone number or you’ll just see Email
- If you didn’t register a backup email account or phone number (associate with your current email account), tap on I don’t have any of these, tap Next, enter a backup email to link with your email and also a recovery phone number , and follow the on-screen instructions. This may help you get your account back.
- Enter your email address or phone number.Enter your email address and recovery phone number get a verification code in your inbox (messaging) to give it authentication or authorization for identification of ownership.
- Tap on Send code.It’s in the lower-right corner of the page and by doing this send a recovery code to your email address or phone number.
Retrieve the recovery code. To move further.
- Email– Open the recovery email address, and note the code next to the “Security code”.
- Text– Open your phone’s Messages app, tap the text (usually a six-digit phone number), and copy the code in the text message.
- Enter the recovery code.Tap the “Enter the code”, type in the code that you received from your email address or phone’s inbox and tap Next. After all, this will take you to the password reset page.
Tap Next when prompted on screen. This will take you back to the sign-in page where you might sign into your account using your new password and access it smoothly.
How to reset Hotmail Password without Phone Number
- At first, you need to launch an internet browser and visit Hotmail account sign-in page.
- Attempt to enter the correct email address and password into the required field to sign in.
- If showing an error and you are not able to access, click on forgot password button and move the next.
- Enter the mobile phone number and press the next button but if it is not working then move to the next.
- Enter your alternate email address and press the next button and click on the verify button.
- Check your alternate email account with the correct email address and password and view verification code.
- Enter the code into the required field and soon after a password recovery link will be showing on the next page.
- You can enter the new password into both new and confirm password fields at the end of the process.