Google Authenticator mobile app to increase the security of Google Hootsuite account you need to sign in to your Hootsuite account with your Google Authenticator code on your mobile device as well as your username and password. Each code is used once, and a new code will generate every 30 seconds by using the process of how to recover Google authenticator?
Each time you sign in a Hoot suite, or only when you’re signing space changes, 2-step verification can be used when adding security to your account with Hootsuite’s login verification system.
To set up Google Authenticator and 2-step verification for your Hootsuite account, you first need to install the Google Authenticator app on your mobile device.
To install Google Authenticator
Follow the installation of Google’s Google Authenticator guide to complete the installation on your device.
How to recover Google authenticator key too setup Google Authenticator in Hootsuite:
- By default, click on your profile picture in the upper-right corner of the dashboard and then select Account and Settings.
- Click on the Security tab.
- Click Start.
- Open your Google Authenticator app, and scan your secret code or enter it manually in the app.
- Enter the 6-digit code from the app in the code field in your Hootsuite dashboard, and then click Submit.
- Choose whether to use 2-step verification on each login or whenever your login location changes.
To sign in with 2-step verification:
- Visit Hootsuite.comlogin.
- Enter your Hootsuite user name and password.
- Open Google Authenticator on your mobile device, and then enter your 6-digit Google Authenticator code in the Hootsuite login page.
- Click Sign in.
Note to Android users: If your Google Authenticator code is not working, you may need to sync the app to your mobile device.
1. Open the main menu in the Google Authenticator app.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Time correction for the code.
4. Now tap Sync.
How to recover Google Authenticator code:
For those times when you do not have your mobile device.
1. Go to hootsuite.com/login
2. Enter your Hootsuite user name and password.
3. Click Skip this step, and the Hootsuite will send a confirmation email to your Hootsuite account email. Cannot find the email?
To revoke Google Authenticator access
At any time, disable 2-step verification on your account:
1. By default, click on your profile picture in the upper-right corner of the dashboard and then select Account and Settings.
2. Click the Security tab.
3. Click Cancel access.