We are living in the age of computers. The number of people using PCs has reached billions. More services are going online day by day. That is because of the internet. Numerous services are provided by the internet. Among many platforms available in the market, Microsoft Windows is used by the most. Users praise the simple interface of Windows. But the facts mentioned above don’t make this platform free from faults. There are always some issues that the users of Windows keep complaining about. Some of the problems are genuinely related to Windows, while others are spam to cheat the users. Recently, most of the users of Windows especially those browsing the internet faced an issue. When they were browsing the internet, they saw a pop-up on their screen saying this computer is blocked alert. It can be very annoying to those are not familiar with technology. But there is nothing to worry about if you don’t follow the instructions of that pop-up or you don’t call on the phone number provided.
How dangerous is this alert:
This alert is not capable of harming the files stored on your PC unless you install the software recommended by the spammers. This computer is blocked alert is generated by spammers who trick the users for their own benefits. On the pop-up, you will see the contact details of those spammers. When you call them, they will trick you by saying that your PC is in danger. Then, they will either demand for some money from you or recommend you to install some software (that you should never do). Be alert if you see any pop-up like this in future. Here are some solutions that you should try to get rid of this issue:
Reboot your PC in safe mode:
This is the first thing that you should try if you are getting this computer is Blocked alert. Follow the steps mentioned below to do this:
- Click on the Start icon at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Now, click on the Power Several options related to power ON/OFF will appear on the screen.
- Press and Hold the Shift key then, click on Restart option while you hold the shift key.
- Your PC will restart. On the new screen, click on the Troubleshoot Then, click on the option Advanced options and then Startup settings. At last, click on the option Restart.
- Your PC will restart again. After you PC has rebooted, click on the option Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Terminate all the suspicious processes from your PC:
You can do this to stop getting this computer is Blocked alert. There are some simple steps to do it. Follow the steps mentioned below to do this:
- Open Task Manager on your PC. If you don’t know how to do it, here are the steps to do it:
- Click on the start Type Task Manager in the search bar and then click on the most relevant option.
- If you find the first option typical, simply press Esc + Ctrl + shift
- After you have opened Task Manager on the screen, click on the Processes tab.
- From the list of processes, right-click on the suspicious process and then click on End Process from the Context Menu. (Applications that you are unable to recognize and there is no any information about the developer are suspicious ).
Uninstall suspicious applications from your PC:
When you are getting this computer is blocked alert, it is time that you get rid of all the suspicious software installed on your PC. Follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall these programs:
- Press Start Key + R on your keyboard.
- Then, a run utility box will open on the screen. Type cpl and click on OK button.
- Control Panel will open on the screen.
- Uninstall the programs that you don’t recognize.
You can do it in a different way:
- Open Run Utility box by following the steps mentioned above.
- Type msconfig and then hit Enter.
- On the system configuration window, click on the Startup
- Look for the applications whose entry for the Manufacturer is unknown. Uncheck the boxes before all those software. And then, click on Disable All button to finish this process.
Modify the DNS settings on your PC:
This is a way to check whether your PC has been hacked or not. Follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Open the Run Utility Box by pressing Start Key + R
- Type the following text there: notepad%windir%/system 32/Drivers/etc/hosts.
- On the new screen, if you see many IPs connected to you at the bottom then there is something is wrong with the security of your PC. Just look below the option Local Host.
Now follow the steps mentioned below to modify the DNS settings:
- Click on the Start icon at the bottom-left corner of the screen. Type Network Settings in the search bar. Click on the most relevant option.
- Once in the Network Settings page, right-click on the Network Adaptor that you are using right now. Click on Properties from the Context Menu.
- Select the option Internet Protocol Version 4 (ICP/IP).
- Make sure that the box before option Obtain IP Address automatically is checked.
- Now, click on the Advanced Tab and then select the DNS
- Look if there is something in the filed under the option DNS server addresses. If anything is available in that box, remove that by clicking on the Remove
- Then, click on OK to finish this process.
Remove this computer is Blocked alert from your browser:
This is a very effective way to get rid of this problem. Here, we will mention steps to do it on different browsers. Follow the steps mentioned below to do it on your Chrome browser:
- On your Desktop, right-click on the icon of Google Chrome and select Properties from the Context Menu.
- Click on the shortcut
- Remove everything after .exe in the text field next to the option Target.
- Click on OK button to finish this process.
If you are using internet explorer, here is the guide to help you out:
- Open Internet Explorer on your PC and then click on the Settings icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select the option Manage add-ons from the list of options.
- Locate the threat and then click on Disable.
- After completion of this process, click on Settings
- Click on Internet Options and then click on Change URL.
- Enter the URL and then click on Apply.
In case, you are using the Fire Fox, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open Firefox on your PC.
- Click on the More icon that is available at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Then, select Add-ons and then click on Extensions.
- Search the Adware/malware and then click on Remove.
In this blog, we have mentioned many ways to fix this computer is Blocked alert. If you are unable to get rid of this problem, you can contact us through our website. You can also call us on our toll-free number. We have a team of experts to solve all your issues related to PCs and Phones. We specialize in dealing with issues related to online interactions. Feel free to connect with us anytime you face problems with your online services.