Discord is not a new name to the Gamers. The Gamers from all around the world uses this application widely to chat with each other when they play games. To start a chat, users need to log in to Discord, and they are ready to go. Recently, most of the online forums were full of questions regarding discord microphone not working. In case you are one such user facing the same issue, this article is for you. Here, we will discuss all the possible steps to help you fix this problem.
Restart your PC:
This is the first fix that you should try before going to further. Just close the Discord on your PC and then restart your PC. After you have restarted the PC, launch Discord and see if you have resolved your discord microphone not working
Reboot your PC after logging out of your Discord application:
Many times by logging out of your Discord application and then rebooting your PC, this issue can be fixed. You can log out of your Discord application by following the ways mentioned below:
- Launch Discord application on your PC.
- Click on the Settings icon that is available at the bottom-left corner of the screen just next to your profile name.
- Then, the user Settings Menu will appear on the screen. Click on the Log out option that is available at the bottom of the list.
- When asked to confirm your decision, click on the Log out button.
- Now, close the Discord Application on your PC.
After you have logged out of Discord application, reboot your PC. Then, open the Discord application and log in.
Once you are done with this procedure, check if you have resolved your discord microphone not working
Reset Voice Settings of your Discord:
Resetting the voice settings on your PC may solve your discord microphone not working Here is the way to help you reset your voice settings on the Discord:
- Open the Discord on your PC and click on the Settings (this is available at the bottom-left corner of screen just next to your profile name).
- In the App Settings section, click on Voice & Video
- Click on the button Reset Voice Settings (available at the bottom of the screen).
- Click on Yes/OK when you are asked to confirm your decision.
Make sure that the drivers on your PC are up to date:
Outdated drivers may cause the discord microphone not working Follow the steps mentioned below to update the drivers on your PC:
- Right-click on the Start menu and you will see a list appears on the screen.
- Click on the Device Manager from that list.
- In the Device Manager, click on the option Sound, Video and Game Controllers to expand this section.
- Right-click on the sound device that you are using and select Update Driver from the context menu.
- Then, a new window will appear on the screen, click on the option Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Now, Windows will search for the updates and it will be installed on your PC automatically.
Disable the Microphone Exclusive Mode on your PC:
Exclusive mode is a feature that enables certain programs to control the specific devices connected to the PC, especially the audio devices. If this feature has been enabled on your PC, you may face discord microphone not working issue. Here are the steps that are going to help you enable this feature on your PC:
- In the taskbar of the Windows, right-click on the speaker
- Select the option Recording Devices from the drop-down list.
- Click on the microphone that you are using and then, select Properties option from the list.
- Click on the Advanced tab in the properties
- Under the Exclusive Mode section, uncheck the boxes before the following options: Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device and Give exclusive mode applications priority.
- Now, click on Apply and then on OK
- After completion of this procedure, restart your PC.
Modify some Input Mode Settings:
There are two input modes available for this device. You can solve this issue by switching from voice activity to Push to Talk and vice versa.
Check if you have assigned correct input device to your Discord:
Steps mentioned below will guide you through the process to assign correct input device to your Discord:
- Open Discord on your PC and click on the settings icon that is at the bottom of the screen.
- In the App Settings section, click on the option Voice and Video.
- Click on the Dropdown of input device and select your microphone from that list. Just below this option, set the input volume slider to 100.
- In the section Mic Test that is available at the bottom of the screen, click on the Lets Check option and speak to your microphone.
- If you r microphone picks your sound then the meter on the screen will be activated.
See if you have resolved your problem of discord microphone not working after finishing this procedure.
Modify the Input Sensitivity:
In this section, we will be mentioning two ways to do it. Follow the steps mentioned below to adjust the input sensitivity in Discord:
- Open Discord on your Device and click on the Settings icon that is at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- In the left portion of the screen, there is a section named App Settings. From this section, click on the option Voice & Video.
- Click on the option Input Sensitivity that is at the bottom of the list. There may be two cases:
- If the toggle for the option Automatically determine input sensitivity is ON, then speak to your Microphone and see whether your microphone is picking your voice.
- If the toggle is OFF then, make sure that the slider is set towards the left near -100 dB.
You can also make these changes on Windows to solve your problem of discord microphone not working. Just follow the steps mentioned below:
- Right-click on the speaker icon and then select Recording Devices from the Drop Down
- Right-click on your Microphone and then select Properties from the context menu.
- Select the Levels tab from Properties Window of your Microphone.
- Set the Microphone slider towards right up to 100.
- Go back to the Discord and see if the Input Sensitivity has increased. You can adjust the Microphone volume in Windows as required. Then, click on Apply and OK.
Check for Hardware issues:
When your problem persists even after trying all the fixes mentioned above, there may be some issue with the hardware of the device that you are using. Connect your Microphone to other device and see if it is working fine. If the same problem occurs with that device too then, your microphone is faulty. You can fix it by repairing your Microphone or by replacing it with another such accessory.
In this blog, we have told you all the possible solutions that may fix your discord microphone not working issue. If your problem persists even after trying all the solutions mentioned above, feel free to contact us through our website. You can also connect with us by calling on our toll-free number. Our experts will talk to you and solve your problems.