Avast not opening happens due to an incorrect windows service configuration. Avast antivirus to provides protection against virus attacks which may appear in many forms like malware, spyware or ransomware. Avast antivirus keeps the system safe against the virus attacks. Avast not opening issue can be solved very easy with simple fixes.
Reasons for Avast not opening issue
- Avast installation sometimes get corrupt due to various reasons but it can be resolved by repairing or by performing a clean install.
- If the problem is with the main service, it will stop Avast from running properly. To sort out this issue, restart the computer and see if the issue is solved or not.
Some basic fixes for the problem Avast UI failed to load
- Log out of the administrator account as you cannot delete programs using another account.
- Go to Start menu and open Control Panel or click on the gear icon to open the Settings.
- Select “View as: Category” and select “Uninstall a Program”.
- For those who are using settings app, just click on Apps to open a list of all installed programs.
- Look for Avast in Control Panel or Settings. Click on “Uninstall/Repair”.
- Uninstall wizard will open with various options like update, repair, Modify and Uninstall. Click on “Repair”. Click on Next.
- Confirm the process. Avast will restart with the default settings.
- Click on Finish. Restart the computer.
Restart the Avast antivirus service
- Press Windows +R key to open the Run. Type “services.mac”. Click on OK. Services tool will open.
- Change the “View by” option to “Large Icons”. Scroll down to locate the “Administrator tools”. Click on it and locate Services shortcut at the bottom. Click to open it.
- Locate Avast Antivirus service from the list and right click on it. Click “Properties”.
- Click the “Stop” button.
- Check if the option under the “Startup type” menu is set to Automatic. Confirm the dialog box that appears. Click on Start button. You may get a error messages when you click on Start.
- Open the service properties window and go to the Log on tab. Click on the Browse…
- Type your account’s name under “Enter the object name to select”. Click on “Check names”.
- Click on OK. Type the password.
- Download latest version on Avast. Download it.
- Also download the Avast Uninstall utility.
- Disconnect the internet and boot into Safe Mode. Press Windows +R to start the Run. Type “misconfig”. Click OK.
- Go to Boot in the system configuration window. Check the box next to “Safe Boot”. Click OK.
- Restart your computer.
- Run Avast Utility.
- Click Remove option and restart your computer.
Using above methods, you will be able to fix the issue Avast not opening. If still you are not able to solve the issue, take the help from technical support team of Avast. The supporters here have a profound knowledge of all the issues related to Avast.